Monday, September 22, 2008

Cheers to all nighters

This is dedicated to all those moms and dads out there that hold their babies tightly all night even though they are covered in throw up and smell like rotten milk. 

I looked over at Avery while we were lying on the bathroom floor huddled together, almost passed out from exhaustion and agonizing stomach pain. I smiled. And thought to myself, I love this girl with all my heart. And if only I could take away the pain she was having. Oh wait....I was in that pain too. Together we had been puking our guts out hand in hand all night long. And yes it was ALL night.  7:00 am to be exact was when we finally caught some shut eye for about an hour. And yes it continued into the next day.

 The next day was like a dream. I drifted in and out of consciousness all day long. Only hearing the faint noise of Lady in the Tramp in the background. Then Curious George, then Lady in the Tramp....(I really don't even remember changing the DVDs.) Then catching throw up with a bowl, then running to the bathroom to push Avery over the toilet, then cleaning, then passing out again on the bed. Then my turn in the bathroom while holding Avery while she's crying. Then I start to cry wanting my mom. 

And finally...A new day. Like the first day of spring. No more toilets in our faces and no more stinky rooms. The day has come that we are over our flu and the only thing that remains if our tuckered out bodies and sore stomach muscles.

 To all those parents out there that have experienced the same thing. I take off my hat to you.... 

The puke covered, exhausted mommy

4 comments:

Michelle said...

ugh! i am so sorry!!!
BUT i am so glad that you are better so that you can come and see me tomorrow!

dlhadlock said...

that sucks that you guys got that sick. We missed you at the party on sunday sorry you could not make it. glad your are all better.

Shannon said...

The only thing worse than being sick yourself is being sick at the same time as your child. It's so hard. I'm sorry you had to go through that, but I'm glad that you are better.

Leigh Hadlock said...

Thank you so much for the comment.. I just might take you up on that offer.. Sorry to hear you guys were so sick! That's no fun! We missed you guys on Sunday! When is your Lia sophia party again? Maybe I'll come to that to get out of the house.. It'l be good for me.. :)