Thursday, January 22, 2009

An unexpected ultrasound

Don't look to closely at the face it looks a little creepy like the baby is smiling or something

A foot! And hurray it has 5 toes!

So considering the situation of my pregnancy and tons of people are always asking how everything is I thought I would just blog about the things that are going on.  Yesterday I had some really sharp painful cramps in my right side. YIKES! Normally I get these every couple of days but they go away pretty fas t(within minutes to 1/2 hour). I had told my doctor about them and said you are probably just growing and since your organs aren't normal it probably just hurts worse for you. But yesterday was an all day experience. I called the doctor of corse worried he said to go to the ER if they got worse since they were closing and to come in the next day if I was still in pain. Luckily my mom came over and took Ave while I passed out in bed. And luckily this morning the pain was way down but still lingering so I called the doc again and I had to go in for another ultrasound.  This is my fourth ultrasound! Can you believe it and I'm sure there will be a whole lot more of them.   Well the baby is fine we saw and heard the heart beat. Hurray! And we got to see our cutie again we are spoiled! This time the baby had pretty much doubled in size since the 8th of Jan. And as you can see we saw a foot and the arms and a profile. Also got to see it move around. CRAZY! But still no gender :( Anyways nothing was wrong with our little one which was good but it still doesn't explain my pain! I'm guessing the doctor will say its just your crazy uterus's.  Chris reminded me how miserable I was when I was prego with Avery ya I guess I blocked those memories. I did have to go on bed rest at 20 weeks with her for "painful cramps"  I'm just glad they didn't put me on bed rest yet. Well there is the update and I will keep you all posted on any news.


4 comments:

Taunya said...

It's so exciting when you see the picture- it becomes so much more real! Thanks for posting the ultrasound pic- love it!

Sandy/Mom said...

Wow, the ultrasound is awesome to see. It makes it all so real, as T said.
You take care of yourself!!! I don't like the idea of these painful cramps. Take it real easy......

Suzy said...

Good luck! It stinks to have unexplained things happen (I've had my crazy share this time around), but the extra ultrasounds make it fun. We have had 8 this prenancy, but it sounds like you'll get more...lucky girl!

Bowman Family said...

Congrats to all of you. I am so excited. A few months ago when you mentioned that you were not feeling well I wondered and I guess that I was right. A summer baby. I hope that all goes well and look forward to more posts.