Saturday, February 7, 2009

Another Baby Update

So yesterday I wasn't feeling too hot. I have been having this really bad headaches everyday and the doctor thinks its so weird since I didn't have any when I was pregnant with Avery.  Our neighbor is a nurse and lent us her blood pressure cuff since every time I have had a really bad headache I felt like I did when I had high blood pressure with Avery (that is why she was born at 33 weeks) Anyways yesterday I felt horrible and took my blood pressure. Not good. I kept reading really high. I took it six times and 4 of those were way high.  I didn't know if the cuff was reading wrong or something but I did call the doctor and they pretty much told me I had to get someone drive me to the E.R. I talked them into letting me come into the office to double check.  Sandy rushed to our house from school and my friend Genessa  came also. Sandy stayed with Ave since she is way sick and G took me to the Doctor.  I was freaking out. I can't already have high blood pressure! I can't be on bed rest or be put in the hospital! Not yet! Well my blood pressure ended up being fine but they still made me see one of the midwives since all the doctors had left for the day.  She couldn't explain the headache or anything just like my doctor. We listened to the heartbeat again and off I went grateful that I didn't have to be hospitalized.  I came home tested the cuff again and it gave me a normal reading so who knows what happened. I am so grateful for Sandy and Genessa thanks guys for rushing to my rescue!  I then took my headache medicine that I hate taking cause it makes me loopy and took a nap til Chris got home.  

No comments: