Wednesday, October 29, 2008

YAY! for family vacations!


So I promised that I would write about our fam vaca. So here I am writing about it. We flew into California thursday night and hitched a ride in this awesome party van with snoop dog as our driver. Well it really wasn't snoop; but this dude literally looked exactly like him and sounded like him too! We got to the hotel and just hung out and relaxed, good thing we did because Avery decided she wasn't going to sleep at all that night. YAY! 

Friday we jumped on our FREE shuttle bus to downtown disney to meet my aunt and uncle. SURPRISE! my dad ended up meeting us there too. So we walked around and Avery enjoyed all the water features there. She kept saying, "water! water!" ps be prepared to spend mucho bucks to eat any sort of food. We spent 25 bucks just on breakfast; but it was sooo yummy!



Friday night we hit up the Halloween party at California Adventures! It was soo much fun we were all dressed up in our Halloween garb and got to trick or treat throughout the park.  They had Character throughout also and Avery thought they were so COOL! She kept wanting to butt in line to see them which is a HUGE step from last year when she would scream bloody murder if they would even look at her. 



The first ride we hit up was Tower of Terror. And of course Avery couldn't go on it so Chris decided he would go on his own. Me and Avery walked around outside where she met a monkey who she became friends with instantly and proceeded to scream, "MOSTER!" to everyone that had a costume on she didn't recognized. Chris came out of the ride of course all hyper from the adrenaline and said you HAVE to go on this ride. Now I have NEVER been able to go on Tower of Terror because for some reason every time I am around that ride (since it opened when I was twelve) it has been shut down! So the TERROR has been building for 12 years! And ya right I am NOT going on a ride by myself (for those of you who know me I don't like to do things by myself) let alone the Tower of Terror. Chris of corse had other ideas and proceeded to bug me the rest of the night to go on the ride. So all night I was shaking in my boots freaking out talking myself into going on this stupid ride! We walked around tried to go on Mosters Inc. (which broke down just as we were close to the front) and then I FINALLY talked myself into it. I went, shook a whole lot, screamed a whole lot, almost passed out on the ride since I was screaming so much, screamed some more and did it and did it all by MYSELF! YAY! I know I'm the coolest ever.


Saturday came around and we met up with Taunya's fam(chris's sista) and his mom Sandy and my cousin Liz. We hit up all the rides we could. Doing fast pass, baby pass, and multitasking rides so we didn't have to wait as long. The minute we got there we hit up the kids ride and the very second Avery saw the carousel she was like, "horsy! horsy now! so that was the first ride we went on. It was soo much fun this year. (Last year we went to Disneyworld with Avo and she sure didn't enjoy as much as this year) She would get to the front of the line and say "ride my turn my turn!" And we sure got a lot of laughs since Avery had to wear her monkey leash the whole time. But hey you try chasing a 2 year old in a crowded area. We have decided that this is going to be our family vaca every year. (Since we have done it 2 years in a row this time.)




Sunday we hit up our swimming pool for a bit since Avo is a little fish and had a blast Avery loved swimming with her daddy! Then we headed to the beach! Hurray! We walked around and shopped, ate dinner at this really cool fish place for Taunya's b-day, then Me, Chris, and Avery walked on the sand. Avery also loved all the birds. She kept saying , " duckies come here come here." And she would pat her leg.  Avery is like her mommy she absolutely loves the Ocean! She would chase the waves back and forth and run up and down the sand.  Then it was off to our airport. We were early so we took a cab to the mall, Avery passed out from exhaustion (which we all know is next to impossible for her to sleep anywhere but a quiet room) Then to the plane and finally 11:00 and we are home in our comfy bed cuddled up next to our puppies! 

So this our lovely family vaca, which I had a blast on and can't wait until next year to do it again! 

1 comment:

Nicki Swilor said...

How fun. I'm so sad I canceled my Disneyland trip for a few extra days off before the wedding. It was worth it. But, next week will be sad when Avrie's at Disneyland without Aunt Nick. Your pictures are so cute. I love the shadows on the beach. Very cute!

I swear Luke's mentioned how convenient fanny packs are too. If he gets one, it's over. Deal breaker. Unless of course, it's a Guess fanny pack from Disneyland. haha