Monday, May 25, 2009

Baby update

So thursday was quite the interesting day.  I had to go into the doctor again because I started spotting again and having some contractions. They couldn't find anything wrong which was good but it didn't sit well with me. I went home and fell asleep for a few hours and when I woke up things were worse.  I ended up calling the doctor again and he had me go into to the hospital for the fourth time! They monitored me and did a whole lot of tests. My contractions got worse so they gave me this really lame shot that makes your heart race and makes you shake. It usually works but this time it didn't completely stop the contractions so they gave me a different medication.  That time it worked.  They found out I was dilated to a one and decided to give me the steroid shot for the babies lungs.  We were there for five hours and finally after my contractions died down we got to go home thankfully.  I have to take the medication that makes my heart race every 6 hours to keep the contractions under control. Thank goodness the contractions stopped and now little baby has the lung booster so now we just wait to see how much longer I can go.  I'm just grateful that I am 30 weeks today! 

5 comments:

Suzy said...

I am so glad you are 30 weeks too! You are getting so close to when you had Avery and with the lung shot that helps so much! Good luck! Keep us posted!

Little Red said...

Its good to get an update on little baby! We are crossing our fingers for some good healthy lungs to grow! I would love to help you with some planters- it my new favorite thing!

Nicki Swilor said...

I'm glad she is still holding out. Just a little bit longer. You're in my prayers!

Taunya said...

You're doing so good- the prego pictures were neat too! Call me if you need anything. We're better now other than Wyatt keeps having big tantrums. yay!

Omgirl said...

I'm so glad you've made it to 30 weeks! I've had the trebutaline shot before too, several times, and it definitely isn't fun. Let's hope they are worth it and you can squeeze in a few more weeks pregnant.